The economic impact of managing diet-related chronic conditions, such as heart disease and Type 2 diabetes, is estimated at $583 billion. Yet only about 5% of the National Institutes of Health annual budget is allocated to nutrition research.
COMBATING COVID WITH MAGNESIUM:
PUBLISHED STUDY Circulating Ionized Magnesium as a Measure of Supplement Bioavailability: Results from a Pilot Study for Randomized Clinical Trial
A placebo and cross over blinded control study.
1. iMg (ionized magnesium testing) is the better marker for magnesium. Serum magnesium is bound up and not usable. Magnesium ions are available to use in the cells.
2. Using a molecular size analyzer (Malvern Zetasizer Nano ZS, Malvern, UK), we confirmed that the majority of the particle size of ReMag® formulation is in the picometer range. The test was repeated three times.
3. ReMag goes to the ionized magnesium status and is not bound up. Its small size allows it to be absorbed higher up in the GI tract and avoid the laxative effect.
4. Magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate are less bioavailable and larger in size compared to ReMag, thus they do not affect ionized magnesium as efficiently.
5. Elevated ionized magnesium was measurable in the blood within 2-4 hours. Our head of research, Dr. Taylor Wallace said that this fluctuation with one single dose is very important. He said he would not have anticipated mineral electrolytes changing with 1 single dose.
6. Clinical investigations have demonstrated that ionized magnesium, but not serum magnesium, is depressed in a number of clinical conditions such as migraine, individuals with noninsulin-dependent diabetes, patients with asthma, and women with high-risk pregnancies
7. A subclinical magnesium deficiency can occur when serum magnesium levels are within the lower reference range. Therefore, serum total magnesium levels may not be sufficient for diagnosis of deficiency.
8. Our findings of a more robust ionized response, when compared to serum magnesium, are similar to those reported by Altura et al.Hear the audio recording of our recent conversation with the leader of the research team, Dr. Taylor Wallace
GrassrootsHealth Nutrient Research Institute is the world’s largest crowd-funded nutrient research project, following the guidelines developed by their former Director of Research, Dr. Robert P. Heaney.
Corporate: Po Box 723, Kihei, HI 96753 US Phone 704-775-8200
Copyright © 2021 New Capstone - All Rights Reserved.